Learn More

September 30, 2007

Weekend Activity

This weekend was kinda hectic for me because on top of all of the kids' social, sports and family activities I managed to escape my motherly obligations for about 2 or 3 hours Friday night and go see Cain & guest play at El Pavo. I know, shame on me... but I had a great time! And it was all done for a good cause: my brother and Ivan were singing that night. It actually turned out to be a bit of a sacrifice because I could barely stand the excessive amount of cigarette smoke and loud music. What d'ya know. I AM getting old!

Anyway, on Saturday the music was supposed to continue since we were to attend the inaugural concert for SembrArte, which is basically some local artists contributing with their art to kick up Summit Park. However, the rain had other plans in store for everyone. The concert was cancelled (we learned after having made the half-hour trip plus like 6 hours of getting everyone and everything ready) and we chose to go for a nice stroll instead to check out the murals. At the end of the trail, where the concert was to be held, we found many of our friends whom I hadn't seen in ages, some who would have played, and it turned out to be well worth the trip out there.

Click on the pics below to check out the albums.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greta, merecida noche de puro rock después de todo el trabajo que tienes durante el día! Keep rocking!!!!

Greta Earle said...

Gracias por las palabras de apoyo Indra! jajjaja