Learn More

November 19, 2006

Hotmail finally takes the plunge

Today, I was fortunate enough to discover that my MSN Hotmail account had gotten a promotion. I now have 1GB of storage space as will every other user that did not have the 2GB one. Things are a'changing. It would be interesting to know what defined the timing. They seem to be growing away from hotmail and towards a "next-generation communication service - Windows Live Mail (...) for our current 260+ million Hotmail active accounts." Preparing such a feat of technology must have kept them busy because it sure seemed like a long time before they took care of this. I've remained very loyal to my hotmail account. I've kept it even though most of the other, more recent services tend to offer additional features, not to mention more storage space.

When I started writing this post the title referred to a plunge such as the one you take when you decide to tackle or overcome some sort of challenge and has a positive connotation. Now, I am certain that it is a chronicle of a death foretold and Hotmail, as will many other things of my era, shall become part of the past.

Times, indeed, are a'changing.

No comments: