Learn More

July 12, 2007

One more time... in slow motion please!

This is it. The infamous Williams-Sonoma Flourless Chocolate Cake that fell upside down last week mere seconds before it should've entered the 375°F oven. It was reduced to a puddle of brown goo sadly smudged and smeared onto part of my kitchen floor; needless to say, so was I.

Well I just couldn't leave things like that, I needed redemption, revival. So today, since we were having lunch with Juanpa and Kelly and Luis, Penny and Bibi, I decided I'd give it a second shot thinking that if something tragic happened at least I'd have group support.


Small yet mighty, one hell of a moist, rich chocolate treat.

It was so good that when I thought about getting the camera to take pictures of at least one of the wedges, so graciously accompanied by a dollop of whipped cream, it was mostly gone and instead I had to run and get my spoon.

And to further please Kira upon her request of a recent Craving Report, these stuffed tomatoes, along with scrambled eggs with sautéed onions and toast, were part of our breakfast this morning:

Lemony and fresh, with a side of Juanpa and Kelly!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE those stuffed tomatoes...they're DELISH aren't they? It has become one of our favorite recipes.(http://floom.typepad.com/heidibellainthetropics/2006/03/you_say_tomato_.html)

Your cake looks great!

Anonymous said...

Greta, your cake looks really good. i wish I had this love of cooking. I've always been kind of a slum in the kitchen. Thank God I am married to a chef!!!!!!!!!!!

Greta Earle said...

Those tomatoes rule! Will definitely make them again.

Oye Indra, no sabia que tu esposo es chef, estas hecha!!

Anonymous said...

Greta, no es un chef chef. Paulo es un chef aquí en casa. Thank God!!!!

CookingDiva - Chef Melissa said...

Todo se ve super delicioso!

Anonymous said...

greta, en estos días hice los tomates pero no tenía scallions y les puse puerros, no tenía cilantro y usé fresh origan...me quedaron buenísimos! jejeje modestia aparte!